1) Ride history
In the latest update, users can see more information about their previous rides: start/end point, duration, ID and option to download the invoice (if invoicing is activated for your platform).
After the ride customers will receive a branded invoice from your company via email. They also will be able to download the invoice from the app. Let us know if you are interested to learn more and activate this feature.
1) Manager role
Manager role will allow employees to manage rides, vehicles, customers in the dashboard. Manager role blocks access to: revenue data, statistics, promotions, zones and settings.
Manage employee access in Settings -> Employee roles.
2) New heatmaps with new algorithms
Newly designed heatmaps will help you to uncover potential demand. No color - almost no demand, green - low demand, yellow - average demand, red - high demand.
3) Stop the vehicle if battery level goes below X%
When setting up rules for the vehicle model, you can set up that during the active ride, the vehicle will stop in case battery level reaches X%. This is usually used to make sure the vehicle will have enough battery to support IoT work before your team will charge the vehicle.
Edit setting here in Settings -> Vehicle models
1) Dynamic tutorial
From now you can update and add main tutorials and short tutorials without updating the app. More info on how to manage this is available in the Dashboard section below.
Your team can apply vehicle filters to hide/show vehicles with particular battery level when they are maintaining the fleet.
2) Multiple scan
When your team manages many scooters at the same time, they can use the "multiple scan" feature. They scan as many vehicle QR codes as they need and change the status for all of them with one click.
Click on "+", scan several QR codes and click on "flag" when all vehicles are scanned. Then change status with one click for all scanned vehicles.
1) Dynamic main tutorial
Manage tutorials without app updates. You can add new steps, change text, images and sequence in the dashboard (Settings -> Main tutorial)
From now we also support video tutorials.
2) Dynamic short tutorial
Short tutorials also can be managed from the dashboard (Settings -> Short tutorials)
Note that you can create different short tutorials for different vehicle models (for example, one type of short tutorial for scooters and another one for bikes).
3) Hourly based pricing
You can choose if you charge users based on minutes or hours. In case of hours, the minimal charge will be 1 hour.
Right now you can manage settings straight from the dashboard:https://monosnap.com/file/5ZbNnI2lnApgErWyO2XFD4IIpuAVk9
- Change business hours anytime you want;- Update/enable/disable support email address and support phone number;- Control where notifications and alerts are sent;- Enable/disable feature that require users to take a photo of the vehicle after the ride.
1) Pausing the ride in the appAt the moment you can activate the "Pause" feature in the admin panel (go to Settings -> Vehicle models -> Edit -> Add "Price per minute when paused").You can type the same price per minute as usual for the ride or offer your users a better price (we recommend something between 0,04 - 0,07 EUR/min).
This is what user will see in app: https://monosnap.com/file/m5brofVsp7HM9YJgdRCW7RZP9xt8nmThis is what you will see in the admin panel: https://monosnap.com/file/N5tjO7ktcMcsyi2hedG5AmlMUh4AFD
Few notes: - Once ride is paused, vehicle will be locked, engine will be turned off, "moving" alerts will be turned off;- Users can click pause/continue a limited amount of times for anti-fraud protection;- Pause can be set for an unlimited amount of time until the user continues the ride or end the ride;- If you want to hide this feature, just leave the "Price per minute when paused" field empty.
2) Distance based pricingYou can activate "price per km" in Settings -> Vehicle models -> Edit -> Add "Price per km". You can also mix distance based pricing with either price per minute or unlock price.
3) Zones in the admin panelRight now you can see zones also in the admin panel. This will help your customer support team: https://monosnap.com/file/kXYH4y4vLqRUMgsyq1c8Qv8WAEULFYSame zones will be added to the Service app very soon.
4) Option to upload several documentsRecently we supported registration with just 1 document photo. At the moment you can set up how many photos to ask (from 1 up to 6). For each photo, you will need to describe what the user needs to submit. To activate this feature, please get back to us.
5) Several "under the hood" improvements that make the platform more secure and stable.